Ethics and the Information Age
Foundations of ethics. Views of technology. Technology and human values. Costs and benefits of technology. The character of technological change. The social context of work in computer science and engineering.
- Introduction: Why Computer Ethics?
- Philosophical Ethics
- Professional Ethics
- Ethics and the Internet: Ethics Online
- Property Rights in Computer Software
- Accountability and Computer and Information Technology
- VEthics and the Internet: Social Implications and Social Values
Summer 2004 (UC Davis)